Every year in November, people around the world observe International Men’s Day (IMD) to honor and celebrate the artistic, political, and social accomplishments of men. All The Six Pillars for International Men’s Day outlines the goals of observing an International Men’s Day. It is a time to honor the lives, accomplishments, and efforts of boys and men, especially those who have made significant contributions to the nation, the union, society, the community, the family, the marriage, and raising children. The event’s overarching goal is to raise general awareness of issues facing males.
On November 19, the world celebrates International Men’s Day, which emphasizes men’s health, gender equality, male role models, and encouraging masculinity in its best forms. It’s also a chance to celebrate guys who don’t fit the mold of traditional masculinity, including homosexual and bisexual men, transgender people, or men who identify as non-binary.
Happy International Men’s Day Messages for Friend 2022
- “Wishing a very Happy International Men’s Day to my dearest friend. You have always been there for me like a strong pillar and that is what you make so special to me…”
- “Men are not born strong, men are not born good but their families make them strong and good. To one such amazing man who is also my friend, I wish you Happy Men’s Day 2022…”
- “On the occasion of Men’s Day, I not just want to wish you but I also want to tell you that you are a man who inspires many other men because you are amazing…”
- “It is not easy to be good, it is not easy to rise above expectations, it is not easy to be what you are. Kudos to you for being the best man we all know. Happy Men’s Day 2022…”
What problems does the International Day of the Man try to solve?
The goal of International Men’s Day is to address a wide range of issues relating to the mental health of men. Men, women, and organizations from more than 60 different nations throughout the world endorse this. The purpose of International Men’s Day in the UK is to assist in growing recognition of the following:
– The high number of male suicides worldwide
– The educational obstacles that men and boys, at all phases of life, must overcome include: Men’s health, their lower life expectancy, and the fact that males experience occupational fatalities at a considerably higher rate than women all play a role in this.
– Male violence, including the prevalence of rape, sexual exploitation, and domestic violence against men
– The difficulties men experience as parents,
– The difficulties that males encounter as parents, particularly when they are solely responsible for raising their children or do not get along well with the mom of those children. The rights of fathers are also emphasized.
– Male victims of abuse or violence, particularly domestic violence
– The inaccurate representation of men in the media and elsewhere. This includes the usage of male stereotypes in advertisements by well-known firms.
Happy Men’s Day Wishes for Friends 2022
- “Ideal men are very rare but seeing you I know that you are somewhere close. I wish you all the good luck in life and I wish you a very Happy Men’s Day 2022….”
- “Men are the support system of their families. They are their hope, their protection, and their life. To all my friends, I wish you a very Happy Men’s Day 2022…”
- “I may never say it but I am extremely proud of you because you are very few of the men I know who are striving to be the son, brother, and friend we all want. Happy Men’s Day 2022…”
- “Warm wishes on Men’s Day to you my friend. I am so blessed to have a male friend like you who is always there to support me and direct me in life…”
History of International Men’s Day 2022
An editorial by American journalist John P. Harris in 1968 criticized the Soviet system for being unbalanced because it promoted an International Women’s Day for female employees but did not provide a male counterpart. Even though Harris thought that there ought to be a day to honor women, the communist system was flawed because of the day.
Early in the 1990s, Thomas Oaster, the Missouri Center for Men’s Studies’ director, encouraged organizations in the United States, Australia, and Malta to have modest International Men’s Day celebrations in February. These events were successfully hosted by Oaster for two years, however, his 1995 attempt had a low turnout. Disappointed, he abandoned his preparations to carry out the function. Australia then followed suit, leaving just Malta to carry on the celebrations.
The day was brought back in Trinidad and Tobago in 1999 by Jerome Teelucksingh of the University of the West Indies. Despite the existence of a day to honor fathers, he came to the realization that there wasn’t a day to honor men who were single or were young boys or teenagers. Teelucksingh recognized the value of strong male role models since his father had set a great example for him. On November 19, which also happened to be his father’s birthday, his country came together to support a local soccer team’s efforts to prepare for the world cup.
Since the resurgence of Teelucksingh, International Men’s Day has worked to promote the positive parts of male identity on the theory of men respond more positively to good role models than to bad gender stereotyping. The purpose of the day is to raise awareness of the value of men’s mental and physical well-being as well as strong masculinity, not to compete alongside International Women’s Day.
Happy Men’s Day Whatsapp Messages for Friends
- “To my friends, I wish you a very Happy International Men’s Day. May God give you all the strength to face all the challenges in life and always be successful in life…”
- “Wishing all my men friend a very Happy International Men’s Day. You work hard every day to bring smiles on the faces of your loved ones in different ways. We respect you and love you…”
- “Ideal men are a result of a lot of hard work. Happy Men’s Day to all my men friends who strive hard to be their best for their families and friends…”
Give to a men’s organization
There are many organizations that help guys live better lives. The Gay Men’s Health Crisis works to stop the spread of AIDS and HIV while also assisting people living with the virus to become healthier and more independent. (Despite the moniker, straight guys are also helped by it.) Sean Kimerling Testicular Cancer Foundation promotes self-examination and works to increase public understanding of testicular cancer. Additionally, ManKind Initiative is committed to assisting males in escaping and recovering from domestic abuse and violence.