It is the most Popular World Suicide Prevention Day 2024: (Sep 10), with Wishes, Quotes, and greetings festivals all over the Country. All Country people successfully Celebrate Suicide Prevention Day. According to Wikipedia Source, The International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) collaborates with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) to host World Suicide Prevention Day Celebrate. We share about Suicide Prevention Day 2024.
The Mental Health Unit of the Ministry of Health will be raising Suicide Prevention Flags across the country on 10 September 2024. Every year, World Suicide is among the top 20 leading causes of death globally for people of all ages. Suicide is a prominent community concern in Belize with the Epidemiology Unit of the Ministry of Health reporting 31 deaths by suicide in 2018. Globally, it is responsible for over 800,000 deaths.
History of World Suicide Prevention Day
We observe World Suicide Prevention Day each year on September 10. It’s a growing problem and the numbers tell a shocking story. Every 40 seconds someone takes their own life according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
World Suicide Prevention Day Event 2024:
If you are concerned about someone, either because of things they are saying or doing, it can be difficult to know where to start a conversation about distress and suicidal thoughts. Our members have developed advice and suggestions to help:
- PAPYRUS and Nightline have developed this flyer with some conversation starters and advice:
- The University of Exeter wrote a leaflet with The Alliance of Suicide Prevention Charities to help people know that it’s safe to talk about suicide, with suggestions on how to do it:
- Time to Talk’s ‘Ask Twice’ campaign suggests that sometimes we say we’re fine when we’re not, so if your mate’s acting differently, ask whether they’re OK twice. See videos and more advice on their website here:
World Suicide Prevention Day Quotes, SMS & Wishes:
- “Suicide doesn’t end the chances of life getting worse; it eliminates the possibility of it ever getting any better.” – Unknown
- “If you want to show me that you really love me, don’t say that you would die for me, instead stay alive for me.” – Unknown
- “If you are looking for a sign not to kill yourself, this is it.” – Unknown
- “Anyone desperate enough for suicide should be desperate enough to go to creative extremes to solve problems: elope at midnight, stow away on the boat to New Zealand and start over, do what they always wanted to do but were afraid to try.” – Richard Bach
- “When you feel like giving up, just remember the reason why you held on for so long.” – Unknown
- “When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it? That is called purpose. You’re alive for a reason so don’t ever give up.” – Unknown
- The person, who commits suicide, dies once. Those left behind die a thousand deaths, trying to relive those terrible moments and understand … Why?” – Clark (2001)
- “Never give up.” – Winston Churchill
- “Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.”