Universal Children’s Day 2024: Top Quotes, Wishes And Messages. The United Nations already has recognized the annual November 20 as Universal Children’s Day because believing in our children is an investment in the future. It’s a moment to encourage world unity, raise awareness of the issues children face everywhere, and enhance the well-being of all children.
What is the International Day of the Child?
Every year, Universal Children’s Day, usually known as Globe Children’s Day or simply Children’s Day, is observed to raise awareness of the problems kids worldwide face. It was created in 1954 and is celebrated annually on November 20.
Universal Children’s Day Quotes 2024:
- Oscar Wilde: The best way to make children good is to make them happy.
- Franklin P. Jones: You can learn many things from children. How much patience do you have, for instance?
- Nelson Mandela: There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than how it treats its children.
- J. Abdul Kalam: Let us sacrifice our today so our children can have a better tomorrow.
- Tom Stoppard: Because children grow up, we think a child’s purpose is to grow up. But a child’s purpose is to be a child.
- Paulo Coelho: A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, always to be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.
WHAT DATE IN 2024 IS UNIVERSAL CHILDREN’S DAY?
The United Nations (UN) celebrates Universal Children’s Day on November 20 yearly to encourage global awareness and unity among children. It was first observed in 1954. This unique day is promoted and organized by UNICEF, perhaps the United Nations Children’s Fund, which also aims to enhance the welfare of children.
- Wed, November 20, 2024
- Thu, November 20, 2025
- Fri, November 20, 2026
- Sat, November 20, 2027
UNIVERSAL CHILDREN’S DAY’S HISTORY
Honourable Dr. Charles Leonard is a minister of the Universalist Church of Such Redeemer in Chelsea, Massachusetts. He established Children’s Day as the second Sunday of June in 1857. Leonard arranged an exceptional service for and in honour of the kids. Leonard named the day Rose Day, although it was afterwards called Flower Sunday and Children’s Day.
The Turkish Republic initially formally proclaimed April 23 as Children’s Day in 1920. Setting it as a national holiday. Since 1920, when the Turkish government and the newspapers declared it a holiday for children, Children’s Day has been observed nationally. The founder and current president of the Turkish Republic, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, made the official statement in front of the entire country in 1929 when it was deemed that an official announcement was necessary to clarify and legitimize this celebration.
Although the UN established Universal Children’s Day in 1954, the expanded Statement of the Rights of Children was not ratified by the General Assembly of the United Nations until November 20, 1959. The Association of Nations first received this paper in 1924, and the UN later adopted it as its declaration of children’s rights.
Universal Children’s Day Wishes For You
The UN endorsed ten additional principles and a resolution in the extended version. The Afghan delegation put that out, and nations were urged to uphold these rights. Work toward their adoption. Make the document as widely known as possible.
The United Nations General Assembly ratified the Convention on the Child’s Human Rights on November 20, 1989. The CRC is a human rights pact that outlines children’s civil, political, financial, social, cultural, and other rights. The agreement deals with the unique needs and rights of children and mandates. All states ratifying it are subject to its provisions under international law and, therefore, must act in the child’s best interests.
The United Nations Ban Ki-moon became the helm of the program for children’s education in September 2012. First, by 2015, he wants every child to be able to go to school. Second, to enhance the skill set learned in these institutions. Lastly, education policies are implemented to foster respect, peace, and environmental awareness.
Universal Children’s Day is not simply a day to congratulate kids for being kids; it’s also a day to raise awareness for kids all around the world who have been victims of abuse, exploitation, & discrimination. In other nations, children are forced into labour camps, caught in violent combat, forced to live on the streets and suffer from differences like disabilities, minorities, or religious intolerance.
Universal Children’s Day Messages 2024:
- A little smile on a baby’s face brings boundless joy to our hearts. Let’s share all the attractions and joys of this day with children.
- On this particular day, spend some enchanting moments with your beloved baby. I am wishing you a special Children’s Day!
- Let us all celebrate the innocence and sanctity of children on this day because they are our future!
- We want our future filled with happiness and harmony, but we must teach our children to be good people.
- Children are the flowers of heaven. Let’s make this world a safe and enjoyable place for our children.
- Children carry our hopes for a bright future and our dreams of happiness. They are wishing children all over the world a pleased day.
Visit the neighbourhood occasionally.
You can organize a special occasion to encourage adults to spend time with neighbourhood children. This might be as straightforward as having a meeting. At the neighbourhood park, it could involve a more extensive party planned by the local council, in either case. The goal is to convey the value of forging ties with the neighbourhood to the kids.
Adopt a child
Donating money or sponsoring a child for a set monthly fee through UNICEF and other organizations is now simpler than ever. A little money can make a big difference in a child’s life. Make every day to sponsor a child or donate to a foreign charity if you’ve ever considered doing so.