History of Christmas Trees, Decorations, Traditions & Celebrations- Family is a core part of life. A happy family is an invaluable asset. There can be no substitute for greeting the whole family this Christmas. On Christmas Day putting a smile on the face of a family member is nothing more than a sacred act. Below are some History of Christmas Trees, Christmas Tree | Tradition, History & Facts!
What Day is Merry Christmas?
The date 25 December is Friday. Christmas Day, on December 25, is one of the most festive Christian holidays in many countries around the world. It celebrates Jesus’ birth.
History of Merry Christmas:
The earliest evidence of Christmas in Egypt dates back to around 200 AD. Greek poet, writer, and historian Lucian are said to have celebrated Christmas in his time. In 221 AD, an Egyptian diary states that Mary became pregnant on March 25. This was also in the Roman calendar. The calendar also pays homage to the sun god. As such, the Christian clergy believes that Jesus was born on December 25, nine months after conception.
Historically, in 337 AD, large-scale celebrations began in Rome centering on the festival of Saturnalia. Then it spread to other countries. In 354 AD, December 25 was declared the birthday of Jesus in the Roman calendar. This day was later recognized by the Pope in 440 AD.
However, in Eastern countries, the birthday of Christ was still celebrated in January. However, due to Roman influence, the culture of celebrating Christmas on December 25 gradually spread to the Oriental countries. Even before the spread of Christianity, various festivals were held at the end of winter all over Europe. Many believe the origins of many modern Christmas celebrations go back to that.
History of Merry Christmas: the birth of Christ
The Romans worshiped the sun god and exchanged gifts, which are still practiced on Christmas Day. And the lighting came from the Roman New Year. Many things have been lost from time to time, but the memories of those festivals are still alive in the splendid arrangements of Christmas.
Origin of the word Christmas and the birth of Christ
The English word ‘Christmas’ is basically a combination of Greek and Latin words. Although the conservative Englishmen are reluctant to accept it. According to them, the word is derived from the medieval English word ‘Christie Masse’ and the original English word ‘Christie Masse’. The last word is mentioned in an essay of 1038.
The word “Cristes” comes from Greek Christos “masse” comes from Latin.
Happy Christmas Eve Quotes 2022:
- “Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard.”– Andy Borowitz
- “Some Christmas tree ornaments do more than glitter and glow, they represent a gift of love given a long time ago.” – Tom Baker
- “Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.” – Nora Robers
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.”
- ”…May all the sweet magic of Christmas conspire to gladden your heart and fill every desire. Merry Christmas! …2023”
- ”…May your heart and home be filled with all of the joys the festive season brings. Merry Christmas! …2023”
- ”…Our family wishes you love, joy, and peace … today, tomorrow, and always. Merry Christmas! …2023”
- ”…Wishing all my near and dear ones a wonderful and safe Merry Xmas! …2023”
- “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” – Ruth Carter Stapleton
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” – Helen Steiner Rice
- “Bless us Lord, this Christmas with quietness of mind. Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.” – Hamilton Wright Mabi
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.” – Victor Borge
- “My husband’s idea of getting the Christmas spirit is to become Scrooge.”– Melanie White
“I haven’t taken my Christmas lights down. They look so nice on the pumpkin.”– Winston Spear
Happy Christmas Eve 2022:
Christmas Eve is the evening or entire day before Christmas Day. The festival celebrates the birth of Jesus. Christmas Day is observed all over the world. Christmas Eve is Worldwide Noticed as a full holiday in of Christmas Day. The day is very going too joyfully for the people.