Happy Valentine’s Day 2023: Celebrations, Wishes, Status, Origin & Poems have their own history. Saint Valentine’s Day was a feast day in the Catholic religion, added to the liturgical calendar around 500 AD. (Thanks, Pope Gelasius!) The day was commemorated for martyred saints named—you guessed it, Valentine.
Differing legends celebrate three different saints called Valentine or Valentinus. There were conflicting reports of the Saint Valentine’s Day story; the feast day was removed from the Christian liturgical calendar in 1969.
According to legend, the priest signed a letter “from your Valentine” to his jailer’s daughter, by some accounts, healed from blindness. Other accounts hold that it was St. Valentine of Terni, a bishop, for whom the holiday was named, though it is possible the two saints were actually one person. Another common legend states that St. Valentine defied the emperor’s orders and secretly married couples to spare their husbands from war. It can be a reason that his feast day is associated with love.
Valentine’s Day is a fixed day on the calendar, and the ancient Roman calendar included a mid-February holiday even before St. Valentine’s time. That holiday (perhaps the origin of Valentine’s Day), called Lupercalia, celebrated fruitfulness and may have included a ritual in which men and women were paired off by choosing names from a jar.
When is Next Valentine’s Day 2023?
|When is …?||Date||Day of the Week|
|Valentine’s Day 2022||February 14, 2022||Monday|
|Valentine’s Day 2023||February 14, 2023||Tuesday|
|Valentine’s Day 2024||February 14, 2024||Wednesday|
|Valentine’s Day 2025||February 14, 2025||Friday|
|Valentine’s Day 2026||February 14, 2026||Saturday|
Happy Valentine’s Day 2023 Greetings:
- “Being in a relationship is all about trusting each other and being there for each other through good and bad times. Wishing you a very Happy Valentine’s Day 2023…”
- “When you are there with me, I know that everything is going to be fine because you are my biggest support system. Wishing you a very Happy Valentine’s Day 2023…”
- “Warm wishes on Valentine’s Day to you. May this bond of love keep bringing us joy in life and keep guiding us through what is best for the both of us…”
- “I have always found my strength in you because you are the one who inspires me and makes me a better person. Wishing you a warm and Happy Valentine’s Day 2023…”
- “May each and every Valentine’s Day remind us that we are so precious to each other. Wishing a blessed and beautiful Valentine’s Day to you my love…”
- “May we always stand by each one in times that are happy and in times that are not so happy? Wishing my beloved a very Happy Valentine’s Day 2023…”
- “The most beautiful thing about this relationship is that we are always there for each other without any conditions. Wishing you a very Happy Valentine’s Day 2023…”
Valentine’s Day History
In Ancient Greece, people observed a mid-winter celebration for the marriage of the god Zeus and the goddess Hera. Some historians’ spectacle of these traditions may have prejudiced the way we now celebrate February 14.
The first Valentine’s Day Card dates to 1415 when the Duke of Orleans sent a card to his wife while he was a prisoner in the Tower of London. In the United States, Valentine’s Day cards didn’t gain popularity until the Revolutionary War, when people took up the habit of writing handwritten notes to their beloveds. In the 1900s, cards were mass-produced for the holiday.
Although gaining global popularity, Happy Valentine’s Day is still not widely celebrated in countries like Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, and Malaysia as well as many Muslim countries. In most of those countries, the holiday contradicts facets of their religion.
However, some countries resist Valentine’s Day for political reasons. In India, some conventional political parties oppose Valentine’s Day because they believe the holiday promotes Western values.
Happy Valentine’s Day 2023 Wishes
- My infinite love will always be yours forever! I love you for life..
- What would my life be if I didn’t have your love, only your presence makes my heart Happy Valentine’s Day 2023. I love you…
- To love is to be able to read the thoughts of the other without saying a word, just understand what you need and be Happy Valentine’s Day 2023 Wishes…
- The sky is not far if you are by my side, nothing becomes impossible when we are together. You are the love of my life…
- I want you to feel especially loved today and that we celebrate Valentine’s Day Together always loving each other…
- Happy Valentine’s Day my husband, my love for all my life full of beautiful moments together.
- If time would allow me to return to the past, I would never change anything for fear of losing you my love Happy Valentine’s Day 2023 Poems …
- One more year together celebrating this special day, and we will only think of our love and toast to our happiness forever…
- Happy Valentine’s Day to you my eternal love! Forever Together and loving each other!
- Today I can say that I am a better person since I knew love from you. Happy love day to the woman I love the most in the universe…