Happy Grandparents Day 2024 (USA): Best Quotes, HD Images & Wishes – If you are considering celebrating Grandparents Day. You have come to the right place. Here, we will discuss how to celebrate Grandparents Day, its history, and its many traditions. Read on to learn more! In addition to learning about when Grandparents Day is, you can also learn more about some of the most important things you can do to honour your grandparents.
When Are Happy Grandparents Day 2024?
Grandparents Day in the United States is celebrated on September 10. In 2024, it will fall on a Sunday, September 10. Locals know that the Day will fall on a Sunday. However, if you are wondering how to celebrate Grandparents Day, there are a few ways.
On this Day, ask your grandparents about their favourite movie. This way, they’ll feel special and happy. You can even plan a day when the two of you can go out to see their favourite movie. Then, you can invite them for afternoon tea. This is Grandparents Day, so do anything to make them feel unique and worthy. They are the parents of your fathers. So they deserve something different on Grandparents Day.
How To Happy Grandparents Day 2024?
Grandparents Day is the first Sunday after Labor Day, so it is always best to send your card early. Grandparents lavish their children with gifts, prayers, and everything they desire. So, on Grandparents Day, it is your turn to return them with something extra. Grandparents like talking about traditions and incidents that make them laugh. So you can arrange a family dinner and have some fun all together. Plus, there are also some gift ideas.
A simple gift for your grandparents is a bouquet. Grandparents love receiving flowers. Whether they live far away or are local, showing your gratitude is no wrong choice. Flowers are universal gifts whether your grandparents are far away or live in another country. Even if artificial, they will last longer, reminding them of the thoughtful gift. This gift is sure to make Grandparents Day happy!
History Of Happy Grandparents Day 2024
It is all due to the nine-year-old Russell Capper, who sent the letter to the president and suggested a day for grandparents in 1969. He received the letter on June 12, 1969, stating that Grandparents Day had become a national holiday. He appreciates the suggestion and issues a proclamation designating a period for notable observation when a congressional resolution authorizes him to do so. However, it is not a federal holiday. Most businesses will observe regular Sunday hours. The Congressional Record recognized its importance.
The first National Grandparents Day was celebrated on September 9, 1979. It began as a small campaign to raise awareness about the plight of older adults in care homes. The campaign aimed to encourage grandchildren to seek guidance from their grandparents. The campaign grew, and today’s Grandparents Day honours grandparents. The Day also continues Marian McQuade’s original idea of passing on knowledge to the younger generation.
Happy Grandparents Day HD Images 2024:
Happy Grandparents Day 2024: Traditions
When children are young, they need their grandparents more than they ever knew, but they make this Day unique for both. They play an invaluable role in young families, helping with everything from child-rearing to caring for the older generation. Therefore, they deserve Grandparent’s Day of their own. In 1990, the United Nations General Assembly declared October 1 as the International Day of the Elderly, a day celebrated worldwide.
The first Grandparents Day was celebrated spontaneously in the Netherlands in 2004. On the same Day, many seniors came out of hiding and celebrated. This was a surprise for the citizens of the country. Today, the holiday is celebrated in almost every country on Earth. The locals celebrate it in their own way, so be with your grandparents on Grandparents Day 2023.
Happy Grandparents Day Quotes 2024:
- Margaret Mead: “Everyone needs access to grandparents and grandchildren to be fully human.”
- Richard Garnett: “Love is the greatest gift that one generation can leave to another.”
- Ogden Nash: “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.”
- Pope Francis: “Grandparents are a treasure in the family. Please, take care of your grandparents: love them and let them talk to your children!”
- Charles W. Shedd: “Grandparents are, without a doubt, some of the world’s best educators.”
- Erma Bombeck: “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.”
Happy Grandparents Day Wishes 2024:
- Thanks, grandparents, for the fun games and wrestling matches with me. Happy Day!
- Some of the best memories are with you, including teaching you how to cook delicious food. Happy Grandparents Day
- You have contributed to encouraging and guiding me. Wishing you the best Grandparents Day ever!
- Your smile and humour will be a blessing to me for many years to come. Thank you for always putting a smile on my face.
- Rose is red, violet is blue, and my grandmother and grandfather are special in my life.
- When I think of all my best friends, Grandma and Grandpa are at the top of my list. Happy Grandparents Day!
- I learned everything I learned about patience and compassion from you.
Grandparents are the parents of our parents. When we love our parents, why not celebrate their parents’ Day too? So do everything you can to make Grandparents Day happy.