Every year, Singapore throws a massive party to celebrate Chinese New Year 2023. As the start of the new traditional Chinese calendar year is one of the foremost events in Singapore, it’s no surprise that the city paints red to usher in the Year of the Ox this 2023 The festive period runs from the last day of the final month in the Chinese calendar and ends on the 15th day of the first month. This year, it falls on February 22.
Don’t wonder as the city amps up the annual celebration with all your favorite festive tunes, family reunion dinners, colorful parades, and plenty of lion dances, with some programs available to enjoy from home. Visit our website to know about the best Chinese New Year activities happening around town, which performances to catch, and the top restaurants to book for your family get-togethers.
However, it’s advised by the government that each family is allowed to receive up to eight visitors a day and that individuals should also limit themselves to visiting at most two other families a day, as far as possible, during Phase 3. And when tossing yusheng and during lohei, masks should still be worn and shouting auspicious phrases should be avoided.
No shouting as you lohei
If you are very used to shouting at the top of your lungs each year as you toss yusheng at your usual dining spot. It’s best to refrain from doing so this year. The multi-Ministry Taskforce (MTF) has advised that lohei should be done without saying the usual auspicious phrases. Here’s a tip: Use an app and let the phrases be said out loud by an automated voice. We hear there are several types of apps available so pick your favorite!
Dragon dances have been canceled and lion dances will also not be held at usual public spaces such as coffee shops, residential areas, and neighborhood centers, according to the Singapore Wushu Dragon and Lion Dance Federation.
Happy Chinese New Year Wishes 2023
- “Happy Chinese new year. Wish you good health and much success in 2023…”
- “May good luck and success always follow you wherever you go. Wishing you in the year of Tiger…”
- “May this new year be filled with happiness, prosperity, and many precious moments with your loved ones. Happy Chinese New Year 2023…”
- “Happy lunar new year. I hope that good fortune follows you wherever you go…”
- “My heartfelt and best wishes are with you and your loving family throughout this New Year and always. Wishing you have all the joy and prosperity in the new year. Gong Xi Fa Cai…”
- “May Longevity, wealth, health, virtue, and a natural death- the five blessings come to you. Wishing a Happy Chinese new year from my family to yours…”
- “Happy Chinese New Year! May this new year unfold new and better things for you. May you get all the things you wish for…”
- “Wàn shì rú yì: May this new year bring immense joy and success into your life…”
- “Wish you good luck, good health, great success, and good cheer in the new year. Happy Chinese New Year 2023…”
- “Happy Chinese New Year! May good fortune never leave your doorstep and keep blessing you!
- Gong Xi Fa Chai! Wishing You a Prosperous Chinese New Year 2023…”
- “May this new year bring all of us affluence in health and wealth. Happy lunar new year!
- “May the divine blessings, good health, prosperity, and virtues never cease for you! Happy Chinese New Year 2023…”
- “Let’s go off the demons and move on with the dreams. It’s time to start another year and another set of opportunities. Happy Chinese New Year 2023…”