Happy All Saints Day 2023: Top Quotes, Messages & Wishes – Numerous Roman Catholics and other Christians celebrate All Saints Day on November 1 every year to remember all the saints of the church who are thought to have attained paradise. Here is a look at the background and customs of this sacred event.
Happy All Saints Day Messages for Friends
- “Wishing a very Happy All Saints Day to you. May your life is always full of joy and happiness, peace and goodness…”
- “Warm wishes on All Saints Day to you my friend. On this pious occasion, I pray that you are always blessed by the good souls of the Saints…”
- “May you are always surrounded with joy, may you are always surrounded with bright light, and may all your prayers be answered by the Almighty. Happy All Saints Day to you my friend…”
Happy All Saints Day 2023: Celebration
On May 13 in the year 609 AD, Pope Boniface IV dedicated the Pantheon in Rome as a church in honor of the Virgin Mary and all martyrs, thereby officially establishing what would later be known as All Saints Day. Pope Gregory III, who ruled from 731 to 741 AD, set the current date of November 1 when he erected a chapel in Rome’s St. Peter’s Basilica in honor of all saints.
Originally only observed in Rome, All Saints Day was later extended to the entire Church by Pope Gregory IV in 837, who also authorized its official observance on November 1. Saints who have not been canonized do not observe any specific holidays, even though many canonized saints (such as St. Patrick) are honored on their unique feast days.
On All Saints’ Day, people whose sainthood is known only to God are honored. But Catholic celebrations often center on well-known saints who have been declared by the Catholic Church to be saints. All Saints’ Day is typically regarded by the Catholic Church as a Holy Day of Obligation, meaning that all Catholics are required to attend Mass unless they are prohibited by illness or another good reason, according to Catholic Online.
Observances in different countries
All Saints’ Day is honored publicly in many nations, while it is not a federal holiday in the US. People do not report to work on Mondays and companies are closed in France and Germany. The purpose of All Saints Day, also known as “Undas” in places like the Philippines, is to honor and show homage to deceased loved ones. This is typically done with prayers, flowers, and good offerings.
Happy All Saints Day 2023: Messages
- “Today is All Saints Day. I wish that you are showered with choicest blessings of Saints which bring happiness and success in your life.”
- “Have a blessed All Saints Day with your family and friends.”
- “On All Saints Day, I pray that you are always sheltered by His care and protected by His love.”
- “I wish for a dull full of peace, joy, and divine blessings for you and your family on this day. Wishing you a Happy All Saints Day.”
- “Sending warm wishes to you and your family in honor of All Saints Day and All Souls Day.”
- “Let there always be spring on our graves… Wishing you a very Happy All Saints Day 2023”
- “I wish that all your prayers come true… for yourself and for all the people you love as we celebrate All Saints Day.”
- “Let us not forget to remember and pray for all the departed souls who are dear to us on All Saints Day.
Happy All Saints Day 2023: Wishes
- “I wish you a wonderful All Saints Day. May God offer you more strength and optimism.”
- “Feast Day greetings! May Mother Mary always give you the strength to face life’s challenges.”
- “On this Holy Feast day, commit to do good, follow the spiritual path, and live a lovely life.”
- “Let us commemorate the Feast Day with zeal and prayer to Happy All Saints Day 2023.”
- “Offer yourself to Mother Mary so that each Feast Day will be remembered.”
- “On All Saints’ Day, I wish you love, serenity, and ultimate happiness. May the Lord continue to bless you!”
- “I wish you a wonderful Feast Day! May your day be filled with festivities and feasts for you and your loved ones.”
All Souls Day Prayer Quotes 2023
- “All Souls Day will always remind us of those who were once a part of our lives and are now a part of our memories. Warm wishes on All Souls Day 2023…”
- “All Souls Day is that day of the year when we think of all those who are not there with us anymore on Earth and pray for them.”
- “On the occasion of All Souls Day, let us pray for the departed souls and pray for their peace wherever they are. Happy All Souls Day 2023…”