Chinese 2023 New Year: Celebration, Gifts, Images & Status
Chinese 2023 New Year: Celebration, Gifts, Sayings & Status! This is the time to say goodbye to the Year of the Rat, and hello to the Year of the Ox. Lunar New Year is also known as the Chinese New Year or Spring Festival. It will begin Friday, ushering in the second animal on the Zodiac with the second new moon after the winter solstice. Though the occasion time is meant to spend with family and friends, because of the ongoing pandemic situation the celebration of this festival will be different this year for the 1.5 billion people who observe the occasion.
There are some rituals of this festival-like. Such as Brightening up with some color, watching a traditional dance or fireworks show, Catching up with family and friends, Clearing out last year’s clutter, and splurging on new threads.
Chinese 2022 New Year Celebration, Gifts, Sayings & Status
Cleaning the house may not seem like the most cheerful of traditions, but as a ritual, it sets the tone for the new year to start fresh. It isn’t just the house that gets an updated look for Lunar New Year. New clothes are also a part of the holiday celebration; trend luxury brands have been keen to capitalize on.
New Year festivities usually kick off with an annual night parade featuring massive floats, costumes, acrobats, lion and dragon dances, and various performances. It’s usually the liveliest and most vibrant way you’ll experience the city after the Christmas festivities.
However, social-distancing restrictions will be maintained this year. But while the majority of public events have been canceled or gone virtual for the first time in 2022, you will still find all manner of dazzling New Year displays in Chinatowns and other iconic spots around the world.
Many big dinners will feature a common hotpot, which is thought to represent the reunion of family members around the table. Most will also be centered around unusual meats or seafood that are expensive or otherwise hard to get.
- “…I love that you’re my emergency contact. …2023”
- “…Friend love is the best kind of love. We’ll never break up because you refuse to pick up your socks. …2023”
- “…We go together like wine and any day of the week. …2023”
- “…Who needs a Valentine when I have a best friend like you?…2023”
Happy Chinese 2023 New Year Messages
- “Celebrate and rejoice for making it into another year. May the coming New Year bring you joy, love, and peace. Happy Chinese New Year 2023…”
- “Happy lunar new year. I hope that good fortune follows you wherever you go…”
- “May Longevity, wealth, health, virtue, and a natural death- the five blessings come to you. Wishing a Happy Chinese new year from my family to yours…”
- “Happy Chinese New Year! May this new year unfold new and better things for you. May you get all the things you wish for…”
- “Wàn shì rú yì: May this new year bring immense joy and success into your life…”
- “Wish you good luck, good health, great success, and good cheer in the new year. Happy Chinese New Year 2023…”
- “I sincerely wish you happiness, cheerfulness, and success in the upcoming year. I wish you luck in the Year of the Rat. Happy New Year 2023…”
- “Wish you success, peace, and happiness in the New Year 2023…”
- “Wishing you joy, gladness, and achievement at this start of a lunar year. May the light of the moon illuminate your paths and guide you always…”
- “May the joy and happiness surround you today and always. Have a safe and fun Chinese New Year. May Lord bless you…”