Dear friends, today we will discuss with you the recently celebrated World No Tobacco Day. It is mainly seen in smokers quitting tobacco. It is a social disorder that afflicts the affected patient for life. This day is observed to encourage them to quit tobacco.
The objective of No Tobacco Day is to raise public awareness about smoking and the use of smokeless tobacco products. Increasing public awareness of the harmful health risks of tobacco use. It encourages governments, organizations, and individuals to learn about the need to quit tobacco and the steps they need to take against tobacco use.
History of World No Tobacco Day:
In 1987, all member countries, including the WHO, established World No Tobacco Day to raise international awareness of the widespread use of tobacco and the resulting suffering and loss of life in countries. To make this a global awareness, the World Health Council adopted resolution WHA40.38 by consensus in 1987.
April 7, 1988, was subsequently designated as the inaugural “World No Tobacco Day”. Underscoring the acceptability of this initiative, resolution WHA42.19 was subsequently passed in full in 1988, thus encouraging the annual observance of World No Tobacco Day on 31 May each year.
Why is World No Tobacco Day 2023 Celebrated?
No Tobacco Day is mainly celebrated on 31st May every year. The day is observed under the leadership of the World Health Organization (WHO) to raise awareness and conduct activities on the harmful aspects of tobacco use. The purpose of which is to reduce tobacco use.
Who Created World No Tobacco Day?
The Molik objective of this day is to create awareness about the harmful effects of tobacco use. Therefore, governments, communities, and individuals should take action to reduce tobacco use and encourage people to quit.
What Activities Are Done on No Tobacco Day?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued some guidelines on No Tobacco Day. Some of the notable activities are highlighted below:
- Discouraging students from smoking by watching class videos.
- “Saying NO” all together while smoking.
- Making “Kick Butt” everyone’s mind.
- Be informed about the fatal statistics of smoking.
- Demonstrating anatomy and smoking damage.
- Highlighting the role of anti-tobacco activities.
When is World No Tobacco Day?
The World No Tobacco Day is mainly celebrated on 31st May every year. Below are the future dates of World No Smoking Day:
|World No Tobacco Day 2023||Wed Day||31, May||2023|
|World No Tobacco Day 2023||Fri Day||31, May||2024|
|World No Tobacco Day 2023||Sat Day||31, May||2025|
|World No Tobacco Day 2023||Sun Day||31, May||2026|
|World No Tobacco Day 2023||Mon Day||31, May||2027|
World No Tobacco Day 2023: Wishes
- Tobacco kills people more indirectly than addiction and that is why we urge all young and old to stay away from tobacco.
- Smoking gives you temporary pleasure but kills you slowly.
- The tobacco burns calories on a daily basis, stay healthy and happy by quitting.
- Warm wishes to all on World No Tobacco Day. To truly celebrate this day say no to tobacco and live a beautiful life.
- Invest your favorite time in a space that keeps you healthy, happy, and alive. Tobacco is designed to make you sick.
- Say no to tobacco to celebrate this day with a good day and make life beautiful.
- Life is very precious to us and therefore we must save ourselves from smoking tobacco.
- One sure way to save a life every year is to save them from tobacco.
- Your family and friends need you, save their lives from tobacco and you live.
World No Tobacco Day 2023: Messages
- Quit tobacco first, if you want to live long and live a beautiful and healthy life then don’t smoke.
- Tobacco has never brought happiness or peace to anyone but it has certainly taken away precious lives.
- Saying no to tobacco makes life beautiful. Let’s save lives around us by making everyone aware that tobacco is an epidemic for all of us.
- Cigarette is the killer with which you kill yourself constantly, the reality is that it cannot be the work of a wise and wise person.
- All we need to burn on a daily basis are calories and abstain from tobacco. Quit smoking and stay healthy and happy always.
- One’s own life is more valuable than smoking tobacco and so we must protect ourselves from it.
Finally, thank you for sticking with us so far. If you have any opinion about World No Tobacco Day then you can comment now. We always welcome your feedback of course.