All Souls’ Day is observed by Roman Catholics as a day to memorialize all the faithfully departed, including baptized Christians who are said to be in purgatory because they died with the guilt of lesser sins still entrenched in their souls. It occurs on November 2.
If there was a favorite holiday in family history, it would have to be All Souls’ Day, a 2,000-year-old celebration that occurs annually on November 2 after All Saints’ Day, which is on November 1. Similar to All Saints’ Day, All Souls’ Day is a day to honor those who have passed away. All Souls Day, on the other hand, is all about the members of your own family and family tree, whereas All Saints Day is focused on Christian martyrs and saints. It’s a day for spending time with family, going to cemeteries, remembering loved ones, and upholding customs.
Observances in Different Countries
People of different faiths and cultural backgrounds celebrate All Souls’ Day all throughout the world. No matter the language or place, some customs are shared by all people. However, there are some that are special and exclusive. Here are a few instances:
- At the Barriletes Gigantes Festival, also known as the Giant Kites Festival, people fly kites in Guatemala. These kites can be as large as 65 feet across and require months to create. For your ancestor to read in heaven, you might write a letter to them and attach it to the kite’s tail.
- At the Barriletes Gigantes Festival in Guatemala, people fly enormous kites in honor of their ancestors.
- Many individuals in Mexico build personal altars for their ancestors and embellish them with mementos, flowers, sugar skulls, and candles. Disney produced a fantastic film on Dia de Los Muertos, but the real celebration is superior.
- For a feast with friends and family, folks in the Philippines prepare the favorite delicacies of a loved one who has passed away. Many people go to the graves of their ancestors, burn candles there, and even stay the night.
- In Hungary, many people leave food on the table and leave the lights on throughout the night in remembrance of their loved ones.
- Similar to Easter and Christmas, returning home for All Souls’ Day can be necessary in Poland. Families pay visits to the cemetery where their ancestors are interred and light a magnificent bonfire of candles to light the night.
Happy All Souls’ Day 2022 Messages:
- On All Souls Day, let us join our hands and bow our heads and pray for the peace of the departed souls.
- Time heals everything but it can never bring back the warmth and love of our dear ones who are no longer with us…. Best wishes on All Souls Day 2022.
- Let us not fear Death but accept it, for Death turns time to eternity….. Wishing you a very Happy All Souls Day 2022
- On the occasion of All Souls Day, I wish that all the departed souls are blessed by the Almighty.
- Let us not be afraid of Death because after that we will be living in the arms of GOD…. Best wishes on All Souls Day to you
- With time the pain of the absence of our loved ones might faint but their memories will always stay fresh in our hearts
- All Souls Day is all about remembering our loved ones who are no longer with us but continue to live in our memories.
- On the occasion of All Souls Day, let us not forget to pray for the departed souls and remember them in our prayers.
Happy All Souls’ Day 2022 Quotes:
- “All Souls Day is that day of the year when we think of all those who are not there with us anymore on Earth and pray for them.”
- “All Souls Day will always remind us of those who were once a part of our lives and are now a part of our memories. Warm wishes on All Souls Day 2022.”
- “On the occasion of All Souls Day, let us pray for the departed souls and pray for their peace wherever they are. All Souls Day 2022.”
- “Our Lord loves you and loves you tenderly; and if He does not let you feel the sweetness of His love, it is to make you more humble and abject in your own eyes…” > St. Pio of Pietrelcino
- “You cannot be half a saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all…” > St. Therese of Lisieux
- “Love God, serve God; everything is in that…” > St. Clare of Assisi
- “Be at peace with your own soul, then heaven and earth will be at peace with you…” > Isaac of Nineveh
Happy All Souls’ Day Messages For Loved:
- “Warm wishes on All Souls Day to all my loved ones. Let us come together to remember and pray for all those who are no longer with us.”
- “Let us join our hands and bow our heads and pray for the departed souls on the occasion of All Souls Day 2022.”
- “They are not there with us but they will always stay with us in our hearts and memories. Wishing you a very All Souls Day 2022.”